Emelin Mikhail Yur'evich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of jurisprudence, branch of the Moscow University named after S. Yu. Witte in Penza (22B, Vyazemskogo street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Nikolaev Boris Victorovich, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of criminal law, Penza State University (40, Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Issues of the implementation of electoral rights and the organization of elections are one of the key elements of the modern legal system. Of particular importance is the resolution of legislative and organizational issues in order to improve the electoral system of the Russian Federation. The subject of the study are social relations that arise during the realization of citizens’ rights at the stage of reg-istration as voters. The purpose of the work is to analyze the main problems and identify the main directions for improving the voter registration system.
Materials and method. The implementation of research tasks was achieved on the basis of an analysis of the legislation and acts of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation governing the voter registration process.
Results. The problems of registration (accounting) of voters in the Russian Federation are investigated, the main issues that require legislative or organizational resolution are identified.
Conclusions. Studying the problems of the electoral process at the stage of voter registration allows us to identify areas for improving the electoral system of the Russian Federation, the need to amend the legislation and redistribute the functions of the electoral system.
1. Aranovskiy K., Knyazev S. Sravnitel'noe konstitutsionnoe obozrenie [Comparative constitutional review]. 2012, no. 5, pp. 155–164. [In Russian]
2. Viskulova V. V. Gosudarstvo i pravo [State and law]. 2019, no. 8, pp. 31–42. [In Russian]
3. Kudryashov E. O. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and municipal law]. 2018, no. 9, pp. 54–57. [In Russian]
4. Krasnov M. A. Sravnitel'noe konstitutsionnoe obozrenie [Comparative constitutional review]. 2017, no. 4, pp. 13–29. [In Russian]
5. Turishcheva N. Yu. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [Journal of Russian Law]. 2017, no 1, pp. 91–100. [In Russian]
6. Rossiyskaya gazeta [Russian newspaper]. 2002, no. 106. [In Russian]
7. Vestnik Tsentrizbirkoma RF [Bulletin of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation]. 1997, no. 9. [In Russian]
8. Gubenko A. V. Zakonnost' [Legitimacy]. 2016, no. 9, pp. 19–20. [In Russian]
9. Efimenko E. A. Konstitutsionnoe i munitsipal'noe pravo [Constitutional and municipal law]. 2007, no. 2, pp. 27–31. [In Russian]
10. Totochenko D. A. Gosudarstvennaya vlast' i mestnoe samoupravlenie [State power and local government]. 2014, no. 10, pp. 46–49. [In Russian]
11. Khudoley K. M., Khudoley D. M. Rossiyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal [Russian juridical journal]. 2016, no. 3, pp. 100–108. [In Russian]